- Electricity stored in the battery provides energy for cooking, lightning and charging devices with Afstor Solar Cooker for three hours in the night or cloudy weather.
- Women no longer need to burn wood on an open fire for cooking. Indoor air will be clean and health of those exposed to the open fire will be improved. Trees continue to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere and produce other crucial ecosystem services.
- Afstor Solar Cooker reduces CO2 emissions equal to 260 000 km driven by a car or 10 Helsinki-Tokio round trips by plane during five years. Buyer of Afstor Solar Cooker can track its usage rate and the subsequent reduction of CO2 emissions on a website.
- Afstor Solar Cooker reduces workload, creates more time for studying and productive activities with higher returns for women and children who no longer need to waste time on collecting firewood.
- Afstor Solar Cooker electrifies remote rural areas where electric grid won’t extend by 2050.
- Afstor operates according to sustainable principles. We reinvest most of the profits back into the company and have a moderate divident policy for owners. We show the company’s financial statement to buyers of Afstor Solar Cookers as a sign of absolute transparency
Carbon dioxide from woodburning/kg
Annual CO2 emissions per person from wood burning used for cooking
Annual CO2 emissions of one family from wood burning used for cooking
Examples of CO2 emission reductions with Afstor Solar Home and Stove system
Helsinki-Tokyo round trips